The UV100 R&D vertical in-line sputtering system offers great potential possibilities in research and development of thin film technologies, transfer and scale-up of technologies to industrial level, sample and small-lot production. The coater operates in a multi-pass mode and ensures one-sided deposition of sheet materials with various multi-layer stacks. Flat glass, metal foils and plastic sheets are applicable as substrates.
The coater is a single-ended structure. Substrate is transported vertically on a holder without inclination. The sputter sections are equipped with vertically positioned planar or rotary magnetrons. Depending on the process, the magnetrons can operate as a single source or be connected to act as a dual source.
The system is flexible and easily customized for specific layer stacks. To ensure maximum efficiency in every situation, it is equipped with the following elements:
- Reversible transportation system
- Planar (up to 6 pcs.) or rotary magnetrons (up to 4 pcs)
- Pumping station consisting of turbo molecular pumps
- Glow discharge or ion beam sources
- MF, DC and DC pulsed power supplies
- Gas admission system, able for various gases
- PEM for optimum process control
- RGA for monitoring process environment
- In-line monitoring of coating properties: transmittance and reflection
Substrate size: up to 500 x 500 mm
Substrate thickness: 0.8 … 6 mm
Coatings: metal, alloys, oxides, nitrides